Crictrendz brings you the latest cricket related updates and news. In this article you will be able to check the top cricket headlines of the day.
News for the 31/02/2022
- Shaheen Afridi said, “I admire Virat Kohli alot, he’s one of the best around”. “Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul and Virat Kohli are their (India) mainstays and three of the Best Batsman in the World. Virat Kohli is India’s spinal cord. And once you get them out, it gets difficult for the middle order.”
- Jason Holder’s 15 wickets in the series is highest for a bilateral men’s T20I series. #WIvENG”
- Rishabh Pant is quite an Intelligent Captain. He is a Wicketkeeper, so he can see very well what batter is going to do. I have always had good communication with him, because he is a good friend too from U-19 days, when we played together.” -Avesh khan
- Lucknow Supergiants owner said, “we chose elements from the bowl, bat, bails and there’s an inspiration from the tricolour and the bird. We wanted to have cricket and country in our logo so that’s our combination”.
- The league phase of Ranji Trophy 2022 is likely to be played between February 16th and March 5th.The shortlisted venues are:: Chennai, Ahmedabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Rajkot, Cuttack, Guwahati, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
- Rashid Khan extends financial support to Afghanistan U19 pacer Bilal Sami to train in the UK. Sami will now train and work on his bowling action in the United Kingdom after the ICC Under 19 World Cup.
- Not the start we were preparing for but there’s a lot more to come and we believe we can turn this around. It’s never over until it’s over. Babar Azam after back to back defeat in PSL.
- Former England all-rounder Tim Bresnan has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket at the age of 36.Bresnan played 23 Tests and was an Ashes series-winner in 2010-11 and 2013 and also a T20 World Cup-winner in 2010.
- A helicopter landed right in the middle of the MA Aziz Stadium in Chattogram without warning earlier today as cricketers were practicing for upcoming BPL matches causing the players to run for cover from dust.
- The second ODI match between West Indies women’s and South Africa Women’s was ended in a tie. And West Indies women won the match in the super over. Earlier to that chasing the target of 160 runs, South Africa got all out on the exact score of 160. West Indies score 25 runs in the super over and South Africa made 17 runs in their super over only.
- In the sixth match of PSL between Multan Sultans and Quetta Gladiators. Multan Sultans batted first and scored 174/4 in their 20 overs. Chasing the target Quetta were all out for 168 runs and lost the match. The highlight of the match was the last catch of Naseem Shah at the boundary by Tim David. Shan Masood was adjudged “Man of the Match” for his 88 runs off 58 balls.
- In the Super Leauge Semi final 2, Pakistan U19 won the match by 6 wickets against Bangladesh U19. Ariful Islam was “Man of the Match” for his century from Bangladesh. He scored 100 off 119 balls
Stay tuned for the latest cricket headlines of the day.